Sunday, February 27, 2011

Jade: Bitemypasta #4

Saturday evening, doctor's mess: [I don't know why I was there on my day off...I'm sad that way]

Jade: No...I can't picture myself wanting children
SHO: What is wrong with you, Jade? Even Elton John adopted a kid!
Jade: .....................

As I sat reading the BTS guidelines later that night, I found my mind drifting as I briefly considered the whole idea of motherhood....To play the role of friend, foe, super hero and evil villain all at the same time...and in between all the calamity-saving, triumphant moments and angry tears..the latter of which you can only hope come few and far between... the realization that a lot of what you do is the small stuff...little things that make a noticeable difference when they're not done, but taken for granted when they are...To have to really pay attention because you know that when something's not right, it is not enough to hand out a chocolate bar and pray the problem goes away...because they generally don't..not until you find the cause; To learn to live your life on someone else's terms...while keeping a smile on your face.

It's a bit like being a house officer....for the rest of your life.

Tuna Arrabiata~ thinking makes me hungry

120g spaghetti
2 cloves garlic minced
1 shallot minced
2 anchovy fillets
2 birds eye chillies, chopped
Half a can chopped tomatoes
Splash of white wine
Half a can tuna chunks in sunflower oil, drained [ I don't do flakes...reminds me of catfood]
salt and sugar to taste
Fresh basil

1. Boil the pasta
2. In the meantime, heat up some oil, n gently sauteed garlic, shallots, chillies and anchovies. Crush the anchovies as you go along so they melt into the oil
3. Add the tomatoes, tuna and wine, give it a quick stir and leave to simmer
4. The sauce should be ready by the time the pasta's done. Season to taste and stir in some torn basil
5. Chuck in the pasta and give everything a good toss
6. Curl up with a good book and your bowl of fiery pasta. Battle Hymn of the Tiger Mother is a good place to start ;)

1 comment:

  1. Children? Why not? Maybe not yet...but you'll settle down eventually,I'm sure and you will want kids as brainy and pretty as you. LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete